Aviation In Canada

Monday, January 03, 2005

"Violated Airspace"

After my previous post, I received a question about the term "violating airspace", and the context, if you didn't read it, was busting an IFR clearance. Actually, that's the term we use in Moncton ACC for an aircraft that climbs through an altitude, or turns on take-off when runway heading was assigned, etc. He "busted his clearance," or, "broke his clearance". Before I had read all of his question, I immediately thought of entering restricted airspace, or a VFR entering Class B, C or D airspace without contacting ATC. Can anyone else offer any insight on this term and whether "violating airspace" is a common phrase outside my little world?