Aviation In Canada

Friday, March 11, 2005

Avro Arrow

There is hardly a Canadian aviation enthusiast that I've met that doesn't have an opinion on the Avro Arrow. Many love it, or more importantly what it stood for and its potential, and a few maligned it or its fans, for a variety of reasons.

I'm not much of a web surfer. It's like shopping in a mall, to me. I decide what I want, find out the mall is where I have to go to get it, I go to the mall, get what I want, and I'm out of there. A friend of mine who writes a blog that can only be described as eclectic (datter.com) found a link to the CBC archives. I browsed a little for aviation related topics, and the very first one I found was a page full of items regarding the CF-105 Arrow. Here's the link below:

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-75-275/science_technology/avro_arrow/

Worth a read. In case you haven't guessed, I love the Arrow, dislike the decision makers involved in its destruction, and argue with Arrow detractors. Who knows where the engineers of this aviation event could have taken Canada over the years? It will have to suffice for us to enjoy what they've done from a world perspective, rather than a Canadian one.