Aviation In Canada

Friday, May 20, 2005

Just stopped by...

I'm still on vacation, technically, but thought I'd just drop a note.

I read in the paper a few days ago that Jetsgo formally declared bankruptcy after the courts did not approve their restructuring plan. I think this is good for their potential customers. While I like to see airplanes fly, I don't much like the way Jetsgo was running things, and I'm sure I have at least 17,000 other supporters of my view. Their assets will be sold to cover meager portions of their debt, and from what I understand, they have 10 Fokker 100's on thier books, with the rest of their aircraft being leases. The next, and perhaps scarrier, question is: Who the heck would buy them? I hope it's not a Canadian outfit...

Oh, yeah. I still haven't found out anything great or earth-shattering about the restating of STARs in clearances to inbound aircraft. There's a definite lack of information on conventional STARs in the AIP, while there is more specific information related to RNAV STARs. I'm still looking. I have found items related to practice, but nothing written down.

If I get another opportunity, I'll try to write something in here. In the meantime, feel free to browse back and see the other items I've ranted about in here. I'm always willing to discuss what I've already written. A fresh look is always good. Now for the self-serving part of this post. Feel free to click on the advertisments on the right-hand side. You may have to scroll down to see them. I'm curious to see how this advertisment thing works. Supposedly, if enough people click on the context-sensitive banners, I'll get paid a little for displaying the ads. A higher traffic website would be more capable of generating cash, but, hey, not everyone wants to read what I write. :) If you do click on these, then thanks. If not, I don't blame you.